Saturday 31 July 2010

iPhone Courses and Forums

There seem to be more iPhone courses available now - I have considered the following...

Leeds NTI / Shiny Development
iPhone Boot Camp
Academy Class

I wanted to ensure that I get quite an advanced course as I don't want to be sitting there learning all about 'if' statements!!

I decided that if they require you to have your own Mac - then the level of the attendees is such that they have at least installed the SDK and at the very least ran a few projects.

I also checked out the course lecturers - to find out what applications they have published.  I feel like a stalker - following tweets to see if a given developer is in the 'know' enough to have me as a course attendee!!  I guess this is how Internet research has changed now!

I decide on iPhone Boot Camp September meetup as Charles Gamble (the lecturer) seemed really experienced.   Also, the course details kept using the word 'intensive' so it sounds like it must have some pace to it!

It may also be useful to meet other developers to bounce ideas off - after working in a development team for so long - forums are your only colleagues when a coding problem arises!  The following sites have helped me out of a few jams...

Stack Overflow
iPhone Dev SDK
Apple Forum

No comments:

Post a Comment